Career in Sound Engineering
It would be easier to achieve the self-actualization level in a career, which provides opportunities to apply one’s personality in the work. The sound engineering jobs comprises of technical program applications and creative implications. In countries like, India the film production constitutes, one of the major revenue production fields and the importance is also higher. There are numerous Bollywood films released per year, which are greater in numbers than the Hollywood productions. Thus being a promising field of opportunities, it has considerably motivated the career opportunities, thereby constituting the major revenue generation system in the entertainment sector. The opportunities keep increasing, and nowadays, even the sound technicians, apart from the musicians are recognized and been awarded. This has motivated lots and lots of people and youngsters to plunge into such opportunities.
In radio broadcasting, the technicians would be involved in transmitting and receiving the radio signals. The facts that even the people, who have done related sound engineering courses in polytechnics and in other institutions, can apply to such jobs, is breathtaking. Obviously, an audio engineer could relate most of his academic knowledge with practical implementation, but this didn’t block the opportunities only to the engineers. People with experience in audio engineering and sound broadcasting fields are also considered for such kind of jobs. There are also plenty of such opportunities available in the media sectors, which have now become one of the major entertaining sectors in any country. Many colleges and universities have started to emphasize the importance in the sound engineering sectors.
There are huge numbers of benefits that could be gained out of such opportunities, which are described as follows:
- • Wide variety of career options, instead of fixed career alternatives. Because, the sound engineers would get opportunities in the cadres like, music production, sound mixing and reproduction, radio broadcasting, film recording, background sound production, editing, recording, etc.
- • Sound track is one of the major significant features in the film production. The song recordingand the background scores are the prominent features, which make the film to sound interesting.
- • Many types of designation cadres are available in this field, such as audio equipment technicians, sound engineers, broadcast technicians, re-recording specialists, radio operators and administrators, digital recording specialists, editing engineers, etc.
- • It doesn’t require an engineering degree to apply for the job opportunities in such areas. This is considered, as one of the biggest advantages in sound engineering careers. One year, or two years vocational degrees and training degrees are also available. The audio engineering is considered to be the equivalent engineering degree course, supporting the careers in sound engineering. The vocational degree courses are also available in the range of 6 months to 1 year, but the type of institution also plays an inevitable role in deciding the sound engineering careers. The fact that there is no necessity of undergoing an engineering course to make use of the sound engineering career opportunities, has opened the door to many individuals to try the career options, who otherwise cannot afford to learn the engineering degree courses.
- • The career options in the sound engineering have in turn increased the significance of the vocational degree courses, thereby bridging the gap between the education and the job opportunities. In India, such opportunities have considerably helped in reducing the illiterate percentage of the country.