SSC recruits Stenographers in various offices under Government of India. These posts are under two Grades – C and D. The specific nature of a Stenographer’s work varies because it depends upon where you are posted.
- Stenographer Grade C candidates get work mostly in Delhi at Ministries/Departments of Central Government.
- Stenographer Grade D candidates are grouped under Group X and Group Y.
- In Group X, Stenographers work in Departments of Central Government located primarily in Delhi.
- In Group Y, Stenographers work in Departments of Central Government located throughout India.
Eligibility: Candidates interested in applying for SSC Stenographer Group C and D exam will have to fulfill the necessary eligibility criteria as laid down under SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed class 12 or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Age Limit: Candidates should be in between 18-27 years.
Selection Procedure: The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the CBT (Compute Based Test) followed by the Skill test. Allocation of candidates to the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ in various service/departments/cadres within the post will be done on the basis of merit-cum-option.
For more details of SSC CHSL application process visit: ssc.nic.in